TWRP stands for Team Win Recovery Projects. It is an open-source recovery software for android devices. It allows users to take a complete backup of an android device, install customize ROM, and allows to use of moded applications without harming the present state of your Android device. TWRP contains a lot of Merits and demerits. Meanwhile here I talking briefly about Custom recovery.
First, I guide TWRP installation via the official app of TWRP which requires root access.
TWRP Update not responsible for any kind of loss. Do at your own risk.
After that, I guide you on how you can Install recovery easily without the Rooting android device. Sounds good! bonus is that at last, I’m going to guide with the process with third-party apps. Is not it is interesting, comment below if you have any query. Rest keep learning. Check in-depth information on TWRP on Wikipedia.
Merits of TWRP Recovery
TWRP custom recovery has a lot of benefits. You can install custom ROM, use modified applications, Replace your stock ROM, Kernels, and much more. One most popular merits are that it will enhance your android device performance. Rooting is not essential for Installing TWRP Recovery. You can use those apps which are not comfortable with your device.
Demerits Of TWRP Recovery
With a lot of benefits, TWRP also contains cons, which can’t be neglected. Because with your single mistake you may permanently brick your device. You have to unlock your device Bootloader which is quite challenging. Because every device has a unique method to unlock the bootloader.
Some devices don’t officially allow to unlock the bootloader. Like Xiaomi, the process of unlocking Bootloader in Redmi is quite easy. But sometimes it takes a lot of time. Check out our Guide to Unlock Bootloader of Any Redmi device. By reading this you’ll get a complete idea of how things work.
Pre – Requirement for Installing TWRP Recovery
Before installing TWRP make sure you have to check out the below steps because these steps are mandatory for this process. They are –
- Enable Developer Option and USB debugging
- Unlock your device Bootloader ( Different for every device )
- Android device battery should be charged at least 60%
- A PC/Laptop and a micro USB port for connecting with PC/Laptop
- Take complete Android data backup for future references
- Some knowledge of Coding ( only require few lines of coding )
These steps are essential in order to install Recovery on any android device. In case if you skip any step then you won’t be able to install Recovery. Get sure that you Ideally follow every step.
Guide to Install TWRP Recovery via official App
It requires root access of your device. You need to root your android device.
Steps Install TWRP Recovery With Root
- First, Download TWRP Application from play store – Official TWRP App
- Install App and accept Terms and Conditions ( Short for T & C )
- Now Tap the Option Run With Root Permission
- Next Select TWRP Flash Option and accept their conditions
- Find your device or You can search your device by using search bar
If Your Device Is Not Appear In The List. Then Don’t Go For Next Step. Wait for your official TWRP file. If you get your device file then follow the below step, but if you get your specific TWRP file, then wait for it.
- Download the TWRP image file for your androidDevice and save that file in the ROM (Internal Storage)
- Go Back To The Application and Tap on ” Select a File To Flash “
- Now Find And select the TWRP image of your device
- Select “Flash to Recovery” and then tap on Confirm
Everything is perfect, Soon the process will complete in a couple of seconds. You have successfully installed the TWRP Recovery image file on your device. Hope you enjoy and easily understand our step-by-step guide.
Congrats! once the process is done you have successfully installed TWRP Recovery on your Android device. If you want to confirm that TWRP is successfully installed or not, then follow or boxed guide in order to check.
Make sure that you have successfully followed the above steps. Now the time to confirm. First, switch off your device and open it into recovery mode. After that Android device will restart and automatically go to the TWRP interface.
This whole method works only with TWRP official apk. I suggest that if you don’t find your device in the dropdown menu then don’t go for the next step. It may harm your device.
Guide To Install TWRP Recovery with Pc [No Need to Root] – 2 Method
Yes! you read right, it is possible to install TWRP Recovery without a PC. This method doesn’t require root access to your device. But bootloader unlocking is necessary. It’s not magic just possible by some third-party tools and apk. Here I’m going to guide install you through the exact process.
- Download the Android SDK Platform Tools Official. Make sure that it meets your system requirements. Select the comfortable version that meets with your system requirements. Once you did now the tool will download in the form of ZIP.
- Now Download the Official TWRP IMG. For downloading this image you have to check out TWRP official website. After that look at the top right corner and find your device name in the dropdown list. You can download via typing your device model name in “search-box“. After finding your device TWRP IMG downloads in your device ROM.
- Next, you have to extract the Platform Tools which you download in the form of ZIP. Copy the TWRP.img which you download for your device and paste this img to the SDK Platform-tools folder. Now unlock the developer option and enable USB debugging to check the above guide.
- Open Platform-tools folder and click any white space area,
hold shift + right-clickGood, now a menu will appear you have to select “Open Command window here” (cmd) A popup will appear i.e Command Prompt Window.
- Connect your device with PC/Laptop via USB cable. For connecting your device with pc you have to enable USB Debugging. Give access to your computer by taping “Always allow from this computer”.
- Inside cmd, you have to Type
Hit the enter button then your device will be listed in the command window.
In case you don’t find your device name in the command window it means your device is not successfully connected with PC/Laptop. Now, wait and try to connect again.
- Now type
adb reboot bootloader and press enter
- By doing the above step device will go into Bootloader mode. Now again type
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
- Here I type twrp.img because I saved TWRP IMG with this name. But be sure that you have you enter that which you have given to that TWRP IMG.
- At last type
fastboot boot twrp.img
Perfect! Once the above mention process is complete then the device will boot again automatically. TWRP begins installing it takes some time so wait until the TWRP completely install. Once this process did you can do anything with your device which you want i.e Root, take a backup of Android data, and much more.
I hope you like this guide. I try my best to give you good content and easy to implement an actionable guide.
Every step is necessary for installation, don’t skip any step it will cause the failure of installing TWRP Recovery. Make sure you have unlocked system bootloader, then checkout and fulfill requirements, Now you’re good to go with video as well as a guide.
So guys here the complete guide about how to install TWRP recovery on any device. Here I shared my two personal methods which I’m using to Install TWRP. Now tell me which one you like the most. I’m Waiting for your response, Drop your answer in the comment section.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Al last we added some FAQs so you will get quick answer of your query. I hope this article helpful to you. Comment below if you have any more query, And last but not the least by sharing this article you can help us. Sharing is caring 😀