Hey Moto Lovers!
Do you want to Unlock the Motorola bootloader?
Unlocking your moto g device will open the way to make the device awesome and something unexpected.
Not only the unlocking way we’ll guide you through the locking bootloader process. So let’s start-
Merits Of Unlock Motorola Bootloader
Unlocking the bootloader is the key to opening the door to make the device a super device. Did you get it?
Once the Motorola bootloader is unlocked then you’re eligible to do unexpected things.
Once the bootloader of Motorola is unlocked then, you can edit OS files that are impossible for any normal user.
Secondly, you can install any android application no matter if it is available on the play store or not. Because bootloader unlocking gives you the freedom to do anything with your moto g device.
Interesting! Don’t go to unlock the bootloader directly without knowing the bad facts about unlocking the bootloader of a Motorola device.
You can install any third-party application or such as your own software which is not secure. And the fact is your operating system will not alert you to install these types of applications, because you unlocked your android bootloader.
Are you enjoying it?
Demerits Of Unlock Motorola Bootloader
Once the Motorola bootloader is unlocked then the device warranty will be lost. Motorola officially mentions on their site that they’ll not be responsible for any kind of loss.
Like sometimes things go wrong then chances of device bricking will increase.
Before unlocking you have to agree with Motorola terms and conditions.
The best part about unlocking the bootloader of Motorola devices is all the support available on Motorola devices. It’s mean if you have any doubt then just drop a query on the official community of Motorola. Definitely, they’ll solve your query.
Risk Factor After Motorola Bootloader Unlock
Whether bootloader unlocking will open the different ways to make the device experience much better. But there are some bad facts about the unlocking process.
- Device data will wipe, after unlocking you have to install all google applications again.
- Encryption of the device will be lost.
- Some functions will be lost like radio, devices will start hanging problems.
- Few applications will not support your Motorola device.
- Your moto g device will be damaged by your little mistake.
Hope these warnings will open your eyes before unlocking the bootloader of your Motorola device.
Why is the Moto Bootloader is Locked?
The motive behind the pre-locked bootloader of moto g devices is to protect the users.
An already locked bootloader will give you a lot of benefits like your data is encrypted, no one can steal your data until you give permission.
OS will alert you if they find any complicated application whose algorithm is not understandable by the play store. So they are treated as viruses and more infected apps. Which causes harm to your device.
This will happen only if the bootloader is locked.
This is such a big deal.
Our android operating system gives us the best user experience with security. Rather Android is open-source but it is reliable.
Did you enjoy it?
Guide To Unlock Motorola Bootloader
Unlocking the bootloader is simple if you follow all steps carefully. But before unlocking makes sure you know about these necessary things.
First, make sure you backup all your data. As we already mentioned above, this process will wipe all content of the device.
You should have a PC/Laptop and USB cable to connect a Motorola android device with pc. Charges device battery 70-80% to avoid sticking problems.
Follow every step carefully.
Steps To Motorola Bootloader Unlock
- First, download the Android SDK.
- Next, install the latest moto G USB drivers on your PC/Laptop.
- Switch off your device and then press the power button + volume down buttons at the same time. Now your device will be in fastboot mode.
- Now open the cmd prompt on android SDK/platform-tools. To open the command prompt hold shift and right-click and then tap on the open command window.
- Connect your moto g device with a PC/Laptop.
- Type fastboot OEM get_unlock_data in the command window.
- A string will show on the screen. like this
- Just copy it and save it in a notepad or Wordpad. Now remove all the spaces(from which you copy in the previous step)
- Open Motorola’s official website and sign in with your Motorola id or Google account. Signup with which you are comfortable.
- Now paste the above-copied string into the box (A box is available on #6 no on the website – link below). Then click on the “can my device be unblocked” button.
- After this, a button will appear here “Request Unlock Key” If the device is unlockable they’ll send an email to you.
- Now type in cmd fastboot devices
- Next, type fastboot OEM unlock YOUR DEVICE KEY,
Note – Replace the word (YOUR DEVICE KEY) in 14th step with the unlock key which you get on email.
Hope it helps you.
Congratulations! You just unlock your moto bootloader. You’re ready to fly high. Now no limit to any terms and conditions.
Just do whatever you want to do.
If you still have any problem then check out the official page of unlocking bootloader – https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/standalone/bootloader/unlock-your-device-b
List of Bootloader Unlocked Motorola Devices
Note – There is not any Motorola bootloader unlock code generator available you need to confirm first whether your device is supported unlocking the bootloader officially with the help of above mention link.
Motorola’s official website helps its users to unlock the bootloader after accepting terms and conditions.
Check the list below if your device is in the device. Then they’ll provide official support on their website, also the unlocking way to unlock safely.
Here’s the list –
|moto g7 power|
|moto g7 plus|
|moto g7 play|
|moto z3 play|
|moto g6 plus|
|moto g6 play|
|moto z2 force|
|moto z2 play|
|moto g5 plus|
|moto z play|
|moto g4 plus|
|moto x force|
|moto x pure (2015)|
|moto x style|
|moto x play|
This is the total list of devices whose official way of unlocking the bootloader is listed on the Motorola website. If your device is on the list then congrats. For the rest people, our article will help you to unlock the moto bootloader.
If you’re unable to find your device name in the official list. Then it’ll show you a message i.e “your device does not qualify for bootloader unlocking” That’s mean there is not any official support available for your Motorola device.
Motorola bootloader unlock tool to Download
Note – Make sure you check your device configuration before downloading and installing any tool or driver. It’s your responsibility.
You can download the related tools and driver from the official website – here
For more info, you can check out the official list here –
Video to unlock moto Bootloader
This video is added an update. Many users wants the video and practicle format to unlock booltoader of moto g device. So here’s an video to guide you the steps by step process to unlock moto bootloader.
Source – TWRPUPDATE
Just watch the complete video and do it practically. If you want to re-lock your moto g device. Then welcome below to read deeply.
Guide To Re – Lock Motorola bootloader
As per the above guide, you unlocked your device successfully. But not every user is satisfied with the unlock bootloader.
They face some serious problems with their devices. So they want to lock the bootloader back and want the previous device. Which is before the bootloader unlocks.
Follow all steps carefully. Do at your own risk.
Here’s the way to lock the bootloader again on any Motorola device.
- Go to the official website of Motorola check out here.
- Now sign up with Motorola ID or Google Account.
- Accept terms and conditions.
- Select product family DROID MAXX, MOTO X, MOTO G, XOOM.
- Make sure you have Moto G edition or Developer edition.
- Now download the recovery image from a website. (Mention above)
- Next, put the device into fastboot mode.
1. Power OFF your device 2. Then Power ON + Volume Down
- Now install-recovery images using fastboot.
$ fastboot flash partition gpt.bin $ fastboot flash motoboot motoboot.img $ fastboot reboot-bootloader $ fastboot flash logo logo.bin $ fastboot flash boot boot.img $ fastboot flash recovery recovery.img $ fastboot flash system system.img $ fastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin $ fastboot erase modemst1 $ fastboot erase modemst2 $ fastboot flash fsg fsg.mbn $ fastboot reboot
- If you want to erase the data of the device then use these commands mention below.
$ fastboot erase userdata $ fastboot erase cache
$ fastboot oem lock
- By using the last command and continuously following all the steps mentioned above you just re-lock the Motorola device.
Your Motorola bootloader again re-lock. Enjoy your old device.
Have you enjoyed this guide? While writing this guide we also enjoy the guide, If you phased any kind of issue while following the guide then drop your thoughts below. We’ll sort your issue as soon as possible.
We’re requesting you to read the practical steps at least two times for more clarity.
Whether their official Motorola bootloader unlocks guide is available, but still many users have problems unlocking devices. And no one gives answers to those users.
So we are trying our best to give you as much information as possible.
The above article will help you to unlock any Motorola device. No matter the device model. Just follow and unlock. Don’t forget to check the devices list whose unlock codes are officially available on the Motorola website.
Many people want to lock their bootloader again, so we guide you on how you can again get bootloader access or again lock the Motorola bootloader easily.