Hey there, In this article, I’ll guide everything about Bootloader how we can Unlock Bootloader. How the Android Custom ROM work. unlock the bootloader of Xiaomi Devices is too much easy.
This is the official way of unlocking the bootloader of Redmi K40 Device. Android Phone is all about customization. We customize our android phone by installing themes, fonts, Icon change, and much more.
Unlocking bootloader is risky. Do at your own risk. TWRP Update and it’s author no one will responsible for any kind of loss.
Sounds good, stay tunes with us. But when we talk about system customization. Then a name comes to call “BOOTLOADER”.
What Is the Bootloader Or Boot Manager?
BOOTLOADER – It is a program that loads and starts the boot Time tasks and Processes of an operating system of the computer. The bootloader is also known as a Boot Manager Or Bootstrap Loader.
Why We Need To Unlock Redmi K40 Bootloader
As this is the basic reason you want to unlock bootloader that is you want to customize your Android Phone. Like you want to install custom Roms, Custom Package. Before the Unlock Bootloader of Redmi K40 device, you have to install a Custom Recovery.
What is Custom ROM?
BY default your mobile manufacturer company provides you the Stock Rom. The company doesn’t want his/her user to install the custom ROMs. By default, the company the bootloader of your device is Locked.
Android is open-source and therefore any developer can use or edit the code and recompile it, and release it for a wide variety of devices. Users can install ROMs to change a device’s appearance and behavior.
ROMs basically developed by the Android community, oftentimes by a group of core developers. who does this purely out of a passion for modding? BY unlocking the bootloader we have a lot of benefits.
It a short definition of custom ROM but it is enough according to us. So you don’t need to read more about custom ROMs. Meantime read below about the unlocking bootloader of Xiaomi devices.
Pros Of Unlocking Redmi K40 Bootloader
- You can install a custom Package
- Edit or modify your system
- You can change your Boot animation
- You’re free to root your redmi device
- By default, your system doesn’t allow to access some files. Though Unlocking Bootloader you can access these files.
- After unlocking the bootloader you can install TWRP Recovery
Cons of Unlocking Redmi K40 Bootloader
- Warranty loss of your device
- The device is less stable
- Updation Problem of your device
Different Types of phones have different ways of unlocking the bootloader. Like the method of unlocking the bootloader of the Xiaomi phone would differ from Samsung devices. Unlocking the bootloader of HTC devices differs from Xiaomi devices.
Every manufacturer company has different methods of unlocking Bootloader. The procedure would be different for every device or model. Is not these pros and cons are awesome comments below what you think about the bootloader.
Procedure for Unlocking Redmi K40 Bootloader
Here I’m going to discuss the procedure of unlocking the bootloader of Redmi K40 device. So let’s start. I hope you are learning very well through this article. Stay tuned with us.
Unlock OEM and Enable Developer Option
- Go to the phone setting and click “About Phone”
- Then Find Build Number & tap on build number 7 times to enable “Developer Option”
Now tap on Developer Option And Enable USB Debugging
- At last, scroll down & also unlock OEM
- Below the OEM unlocking Option An another option named “ MI Unlock status”
- Tap to Enable” A notice will popup On your Device that you have to agree” Below infographic shows how the option looks like
- After clicking on agreeing your device will show you that “ This Device is Locked” It means your MI device bootloader is locked.
- Now you have to scroll down and click on
“ Add Devices”
- Now your device will verify that this device is eligible for unlocking or not
- You have to wait and a popup will appear that your device is eligible.
- Now you have to open this website on your “PC/ Laptop” This is not open on your android device.
- Now I’m going to my pc to show you how things work
- Open your chrome or any browser and search
“en.miui.unlock” on google
- Open the first you which you will see” Website looks like as screenshot Given Below”
- Now Tap the button “unlock Now”
- A new screen shows you that is given below and shows this “How to Unlock”
- Caution- Here miui said about the warning of unlocking Bootloader.
- Now Tap On “Download MI unlock”
- A zip file is a download to your Computer or Laptop
- Now we have to extract this zip file “ It takes some time so have some patience”
- The extracted file name is “miflash_unlock” (whatever name you gave)
NOTE – Open this file “another folder is inside this file just that one also” As you can there are many files and folders. But we want only the “miflash_unlock.exe” file. Right-click on this file and open this. A popup window appears in front of you. You have to agree with this popup. Internet connection is necessary.
More Steps To Unlock Bootloader of Redmi K40 device
You should have an MI account for unlocking the bootloader. As you can see the infographic below. Here I sign in through my
- Mobile Number
Tap on sign in. Be careful that your device is enabled is “fastboot mode”. Without fastboot, you can’t Unlock the Bootloader of the MI device. Make sure that mobile is in fastboot mode then “Tap on Unlock”.
Congrats you have successfully unlock the Bootloader of your MI device. If you have done successfully done all the steps mentioned above then you can easily install TWRP recovery on your android device.
Here’s the next step you need to take, if you want to root redmi k40 android device.
In shorts – Bootloader would not on in a minute. It takes time to unlock. You have to spend time to learn things. Make sure you follow the right path or guidance. Comment below if you face any problem during the Unlock Bootloader of MI devices. Sometimes it takes 15 to 16 days to unlock.
Is unlocking the Bootloader safe?
Yes, it is safe. But there are some cons with unlocking the bootloader. Make sure you read about.
What is Bootloader?
It is a program that loads and starts the boot Time tasks and Processes of an operating system of the computer. Bootloader is also known as a Boot Manager Or Bootstrap Loader.
Why we need to unlock bootloader?
As this is the basic reason you want to unlock bootloader that is you want to customize your Android Phone. Like you want to install custom Roms, Custom Package. Before the Unlock Bootloader of mI devices, you have to install a Custom Recovery.