Hey LG G8 ThinQ Users!
Welcome back, in the wonderful twrp installation guide. In this article, we’ll guide you on the easiest way to install TWRP Recovery on LG G8 ThinQ and the root process of LG G8 ThinQ device.
The good thing is that you don’t need any PC/Laptop to install TWRP Recovery on your android device. Sounds Good! There are two different methods available to install TWRP Recovery on the LG G8 ThinQ device.
One with PC/Laptop and another one is without PC/Laptop. But But! What’s the difference between these methods. The first method of installation doesn’t require root access of your LG G8 ThinQ device. That means you don’t need to put more effort to install recovery.
Note – We’ll guide you 2 different methods to install twrp recovery on LG G8 ThinQ and 2 unique ways to Root LG G8 ThinQ device with and without magisk.
On the other hand, the second method of installing recovery requires your LG G8 ThinQ device’s root permission. In short, without rooting, you can’t install twrp on your LG G8 ThinQ device.
We suggest you to, Go with that method which suits you. But before implementing the whole process, make sure you know about the twrp recovery. How it’ll affect your device? Or How it’ll give you the smooth android experience. Sounds Crazy!
Installing twrp recovery may harm your device if anything has gone wrong. We’ll not be liable for any loss. Do at your own risk.
Almost LG G8 ThinQ devices comes with lock bootloader. That’s mean install magisk and custom ROM are impossible to install. It may cause dangerous exploits.
PS – Follow all the steps carefully to get more success while installing twrp recovery on your LG G8 ThinQ android device. Lack of knowledge and a short reading of the article harm your implementation process.
Coming back to the point. Why should you choose twrp recovery? How it’ll be beneficial for you? How! why! Don’t worry, every question in your mind will be clear shortly.
What Is TWRP Recovery?
TWRP stands for the ‘TeamWin Recovery Project.’ It’s open-source software. It gives the touchscreen interface to install recovery files. You can also take the complete backup of your current stock memory.
Because a twrp recovery is an Open-source software, so anyone, anywhere in the world, can modify and re-customize the twrp software and launch on their behalf. Open-source gives more flexibility to twrp software.
Why Should You Install TWRP Recovery On LG G8 ThinQ Device?
The words which we’re going to use here will hurt you. The LG G8 ThinQ device is completely not your after buying. Maximum controls of your device on the manufacturer’s hands.
As a result, You don’t have the authority to install the customized application. The reason behind it is android OS. For installing these applications, you need to take permission first, Right! There is several unused application that takes more space of your LG G8 ThinQ ROM/RAM.
The sad thing is you can’t remove this application whether you don’t need them. Did you relate to yourself? So if you want to remove these apps, You need root access to your device. To help us twrp recovery comes.
TWRP gives us the authority to edit System files and customize our android device. To go deeper, let’s jump to the benefits of twrp recovery.
Pros Of Install TWRP Recovery On LG G8 ThinQ
We’re showing you the good points about twrp recovery. Many people know a little bit about twrp benefits. So take a cup of tea and read all pros. Are you excited?
Merits Of Install TWRP Recovery On LG G8 ThinQ
Once you install twrp recovery on your LG G8 ThinQ device. No matter which method you used to install. Then you can install any third-party application on your device. The good thing is you don’t need to take system permission to do this. Isn’t it good? Next, TWRP allows you to edit any system files.
Note – Don’t edit un-necessarily. It’ll affect your LG G8 ThinQ device.
You can remove system bloatware because you have the authority to do this. All these things, which are impossible for normal android users, are easy for you because of twrp recovery.
It allows you to install custom ROM. Last but not least, it will enhance device performance. Do you want to know how? If you read carefully, above we mention. You can remove unused applications which take space and run unnecessarily.
Due to this, your device’s battery goes down. Once you remove these applications. Then your LG G8 ThinQ device gives you more battery efficiency.
Cons Of Install TWRP Recovery On LG G8 ThinQ
We’re assuming that you read the all merits point of installing the recovery. If not, then demerits will influence you to don’t install twrp recovery. Pros and cons are the two sides of the coin.
You can’t underestimate any side. Do we hope you understand, what we want to say? Coming to the point, how will install-recovery harm your device?
Device Warranty Exploit
Yes, this is bitterly true. Once you install TWRP Recovery on the LG G8 ThinQ device, then the official warranty will exploit. That means you can’t claim any warranty against the manufacturer.
This problem is easy to solve. Sounds Easy! To get back your LG G8 ThinQ device warranty, you need to remove twrp from your device. This is the only way to bring back the device warranty.
To remove twrp recovery from any android device check out this article uninstall twrp recovery from your device.
No Longer Secure
After installing the twrp recovery, the device will no longer be secure. Why we’re saying this? The android device comes with a locked bootloader. Who prevents us from attacks, Useless spying apps, and much more.
But as you know, for installing twrp recovery, you need to unlock your bootloader.
That’s why we’re saying that the device will no longer be secure. Sometimes the device will be stuck in boot loops, so be careful while implementing the installing steps.
The steps we’re going to mention below are important for installing twrp recovery on LG G8 ThinQ android device.
You can’t skip any step. If you do, then you can’t install recovery on your device.
First, you need to enable the Developer option & Along unlock OEM on your device.
Next, you have to unlock LG G8 ThinQ bootloader.
Without unlocking the bootloader, no one step is possible to perform. Yes, you read, right! Make sure you have a C-type Or Regular USB Cable and a PC/Laptop to implement steps.
(This step is only for those who want to use the PC method. If you’re following the without PC method, then you can skip this step.) Charge device battery 50-80%. This is an average range. Sometimes the installation process takes time, so it’ll help you.
PS- You need to Root LG G8 ThinQ device to install TWRP recovery via twrp official application.
Guide To Root LG G8 ThinQ Device
As you know, before installing recovery, you need to root your device. You don’t need any PC/laptop to root the LG G8 ThinQ device. Just follow our steps to root LG G8 ThinQ without a PC.
These steps are the same for installing recovery and rooting. You need to enable the developer option and also Unlock OEM unlock. Now you’re good to go.
Steps To Root LG G8 ThinQ Without PC
- First, Download the magisk zip.
- Switch off your LG G8 ThinQ Device and boot into the recovery mode.
- Now Press and hold the volume up + Power button, and don’t leave until you see the boot logo. And always note down, don’t release the volume up buttons until the TWRP mode open in the device.
- Next, Tap on install and select the downloaded magisk zip file.
- Now your device screen will look like the below screenshot.
As you’ll see, the button on your screen, i.e., “Swipe to confirm flash,” Right! Just Swipe up, and you’re done. Congrats, you have successfully Root your LG G8 ThinQ device. You clear the first barrier to install recovery. Hope you enjoy this article.
Guide To Root LG G8 ThinQ Device With One Click Root
This is the most popular and successful method for rooting a LG G8 ThinQ device. This program is paid, and it has successfully rooted over 10,000 devices.
It is guaranteed that your device will be rooted. Otherwise, you will receive a complete return of your money. That’s insane!
- Charge the gadget to at least 30% battery capacity.
- Check to see if you have a USB cable.
- A personal computer (PC) or a laptop (May be required)
Steps to Root Oppo A54s Using One-Click Root
Carefully follow all of the steps –
- Check out the one-click root website – Here
- Then, on the Root Now icon, click.
- After that, type the brand name of your device. After that, type the model number of your device and press the Next button.
- Select your device’s version and then click Verify Rootable.
- If your device can be rooted, you must pay the fees and follow their instructions to do so.
I hope you’ve grasped all of the preceding phases. To put the procedure into action, go to the One Click Root website. With the help of One Click Root, rooting is a lot easier than you might imagine.
That concludes our discussion. This method of rooting is similar to the previous one, however, it is used for different purposes. It’s now up to you to root your smartphone. Please share your origin tale in the comments section. If you run into any difficulties, simply ask your query. We will gladly respond to you.
Guide To Install TWRP Recovery Using Odin – Method 1
Here’s the step by step process for root –
- Download Odin Flash tool for LG G8 ThinQ Devices, And Extract it on your PC
- Now you Have to Download TWRP for your LG G8 ThinQ Device from twrp.me
- Now Boot LG G8 ThinQ in fastboot Mode.
- To Boot LG G8 ThinQ in fastboot Mode, you have to Turn Off then Press and Hold Bixby + Volume Up + Power key.
- Now you have to Boot LG G8 ThinQ in Download Mode, do that, turn it off, and Press and hold Bixby + Volume Down button together to turn on the phone. Now press Up Screen to boot in Download Mode.
- Connect your Smartphone to your computer using the USB port
- Now Open Odin on Your PC
- Now ID: COM tab on your Odin will turn Blue which means your phone is successfully recognized by the Odin flash tool If it doesn’t reconnect your Device and check again.
- Now tap on the AP button on the Odin Tool and Select TWRP recovery for LG G8 ThinQ you downloaded earlier.
- Now Tap on Start Button
- Sometimes you will see the “PASS” Button on the Screen which means TWRP recovery is successfully installed on your android device
- Now, implement this step-by-step guide for your LG G8 ThinQ Device to get success.
Hope you enjoy it. Still have any query then drop your question in the comments. If you want to follow without the PC method then follow the next method.
Guide To Install TWRP Recovery On LG G8 ThinQ Via twrp app – Method 2
This method won’t require any PC. You’re almost clear on all the steps to installing the recovery. Keep it in mind; follow every step carefully.
Download the latest TWRP
The official link to download TWRP file for LG G8 ThinQ Device –
You don’t need to follow a different method. this single method is enough to install twrp recovery on the above-listed devices.
Steps To Install TWRP On LG G8 ThinQ
- First, Download TWRP Application from the play store – Check out
- Next, Install App and accept the Terms and Conditions.
- Now Tap the Option Run With Root Permission.
- Next Select TWRP Flash Option and accept their conditions.
- Find your device or You can search your device by using the search bar.
If Your Device Is Not Appear In The List. Then Don’t Go For Next Step. Wait for your official TWRP file. If you get your device file then follow the below step.
- Download the TWRP image file for your LG G8 ThinQ Device and save that file in the ROM (Internal Storage).
- Now Go Back To The Application and Tap on ” Select a File To Flash “.
- Now Find And select the TWRP image of your device.
- Select “Flash to Recovery” and then tap on Confirm.
Everything is perfect; soon, the process will complete in a couple of seconds. You have successfully installed the TWRP Recovery image file in your LG G8 ThinQ Device.
Installing twrp recovery is not a big deal. But yes, for new people, it will be hard. This is the easiest method to install twrp recovery on your LG G8 ThinQ device.
Because you don’t need any PC to do it, install the twrp official application, and follow the steps. Isn’t it is simple? Most of the time, this method is successful. Very few cases of failure come.
But they failed because of the wrong implementation, skipping steps, and more mistakes. That’s why we’re saying you take more time to read the complete guide. Because if anything has gone wrong, then the device can brick. I hope you enjoyed it. If you have any queries in your mind about the installation process, drop your question in the comment box. Our team will solve it as soon as possible.