Hey Recovery Users!
Do you want to remove TWRP recovery from your device?
This article is dedicated to teaching you the all necessary steps to uninstall TWRP recovery from your android device.
We know many people getting bored with twrp. So they want back their stock recovery. But what if we say it’s not possible officially?
Yes, you read right! Removing/uninstalling TWRP recovery is not possible directly. But unofficial, you can remove TWRP recovery.
Below we’ll go into detail. If you’re a user of twrpupdate, you already know the pros and cons of uninstalling twrp.
But if you’re not then, we recommend you to take complete knowledge about twrp removing. How it’ll be beneficial for you?
Are you excited to know?
Remove/uninstall twrp is not possible officially. The method which we guide in this article is unofficial. So it depends on you whether you want to remove twrp recovery or not.
Do at your own risk. Officially twrp.me website also said that removing twrp recovery is not possible.
According to twrp.me you can’t remove twrp from your android device. The only alternative way is installing another recovery. This is the only way to remove twrp. Isn’t it interesting?
Why Should You Remove TWRP Recovery?
We know you enjoy it a lot after installing twrp recovery. But at one stage everything will look boring. So users want their stock recovery back because twrp has its own limitations.
There hundreds of reasons to remove twrp recovery on android devices. In the pros and cons section, you’ll get more clarity about it. How removing twrp apk will help you.
Are you excited to learn about the benefits and cons? Below all major pros and cons available, which you should know before uninstalling twrp recovery from your android device.
Merits And Demerits Of Uninstall TWRP Recovery
We all know the benefits of installing twrp recovery, but no one knows the removing benefit of twrp.
Once you remove twrp from your device, then the device’s official warranty will come again. Now you can claim your device warranty against any damage.
Next, you’ll regularly get the update from device manufacturers. (Limited time period)
Sometimes device stuck in bootloops while installing the recovery. So you’ll not phase this again because now you removed twrp.
The device is as secure as previously it was.
You’ll not be able to install customize Android applications. You’ll not be able to root your device with the help of twrp.
Now you can use all application which are already installed by the manufacturer. Maximum apps are unusable, but you have to bear these apps.
Guide To Uninstall TWRP From Android
The method below we guide will work only for HTC, Motorola, Sony, LG, Asus, Nexus devices. This removing twrp method also works for similar devices. Removing the twrp method is also called install stock recovery.
If you have a Samsung device, then this method not going to be work for you. For removing twrp on Samsung devices. You have to follow the 2nd method.
Steps To Uninstall TWRP
- First, download the stock recovery .img file for your android device. (Make sure the downloaded file will compatible with your Android device.
- Now setup ADB and FASTBOOT on your laptop / PC.
- Next, Enable the Developer option and then enable USB debugging.
- After doing this, open the folder where you saved the downloaded .img file.
- Now, Open the cmd window. For this, press Shift + Right click at any space on your screen. (You have to do this on that folder where you saved the .img file.)
- Open CMD window also called command prompt, and connect your android device with PC/Laptop.
- Next, you have to boot your android device into bootloader mode; for this type,
adb reboot bootloaderin the cmd window.
- Once your android device boots into the fastboot mode, then type this command
fastboot flash recovery recovery.imginto the command prompt window. (Change the recovery.img file name with your download recovery file name. Alternatively, you can change your download recovery file name with recovery.img) Both will work.
- By doing the above step, you successfully flashed recovery on your android device.
- Next, reboot your device. For this type, fastboot reboot in the command prompt.
Well done! You successfully remove twrp and installed stock recovery on your device.
Guide To Remove TWRP from Samsung Devices
As we already told you above, the method will not work for Samsung devices. To uninstall twrp from a Samsung device, follow the steps below.
For this, you need to download the latest Odin tool. So make sure you download the latest Odin flash tool.
Steps to Uninstall twrp from Samsung Devices
- First, unzip the Odin latest zip file. And then extract the .exe file on your PC/Laptop.
- Next, download the Odin flashable recovery .tar file. Keep in mind the downloaded file should be compatible with your device.
- Next, enable the Developer option and OEM unlock. (It’s almost the same for every device)
- Now boot your Samsung device into download mode. For this, switch off your device.
- Then press & hold the Home + Power + Volume down button at the same time. Soon you’ll see a warning on your screen.
- For accepting the warning, press the volume up button and boot into the download mode.
- Next, connect your device with a PC/Laptop.
- Odin tool will automatically detect your device. (If you’re device not Showing, reconnect your device with a PC)
- Now tap on the AP tab on the Odin window and select recovery .tar file, which you downloaded in the 2nd step.
- Finally, tap on the start button on the Odin and wait for few minutes to complete the process. Once they complete, then you’ll see a pass message on the Odin screen.
Samsung device will automatically reboot after completing the process. Well done! You successfully remove twrp from Samsung device. Now you can disconnect your device.
Check out the twrp.me official Answer about uninstalling twrp recovery here – https://twrp.me/faq/removetwrp.html
This is the complete process to uninstall twrp from Samsung devices.
Still, you have any queries regarding removing recovery. Then drop your question in the comment box. Or DM us on Twitter. We solve your problem as soon as possible.
This method is 100% tested by our users and Author. Keep it in mind the process of removing twrp is different for some devices like samsung.
To avoid any mistake copy the commands from article and paste on cmd window.
Read all steps carefully. We’ll not liable for any kind of loss.