Hi Poco Fans!
Do you want to unlock the bootloader of Poco X3? But worried about how to do this in just a few minutes. Yes, there’s a way you can unlock Poco bootloader in a simple manner. But let me tell you one thing. Unlocking the bootloader is not the same for every device.
Note – we’re not responsible for any kind of loss. Unlocking bootloader is risky. Do at your own risk.
Poco X3 is a newly launched device that has lots of features. But what if you want to Root your device?
Here’s your answer before rooting your device, You have to unlock the bootloader. You can’t Root your device, can’t install TWRP Recovery, and can’t install Custom ROM without unlocking the bootloader. Are you enjoying it?
Hope now you understand the importance of bootloader. By default manufacturer of the device lock this due to security reasons. Let’s understand more about bootloader.
What is Bootloader?
The bootloader is a program that starts when device power is on to activate the operating system. In other words, unlock bootloaders is key to make your device a super android device. Make sense! Here’s the simple wording.
Without unlocking the bootloader, you can’t root your device and can’t install any Custom ROM. As you, by rooting your device you can make the Poco X3 device into a super device. That’s we’re saying this is key for you if you want to experience next-level things.
Pros Of Unlock Poco X3 Bootloader
Apart from this, you can also install GCAM on Poco X3. Sounds Good! I think you all are interested in installing the Google Camera on your device. We’ll cover in the next article.
All these mention things that can make your device a super device. If you exactly follow our steps. But if vice-versa too with your little mistake. Hope you understand.
Cons Of Unlock Poco X3 Bootloader
Don’t be excited in order to unlock the device bootloader. As you already know the advantages of unlocking the bootloader doesn’t mean there is not and demerits. Keep an eye on the bad part of the unlocking bootloader.
Yes, it’ll change the android device. But oppositely it can make your device dead if you don’t implement it in the right way. Unlocking the bootloader will void the device warranty too. Did you get it?
Let me explain if you’ll do any mistake while implementing the above mention things. Then believe me my friend device gonna be dead or useless. And you don’t like this. That’s why we’re suggesting you follow all steps carefully. Keep it in mind without following the exact process, the success rate of the unlocking device is less than 2%.
Check out this guide to the Unlock MI bootloader in a simple way. Hope you enjoy it.
Reason – Why The Bootloader is Locked By Manufacturers
Everyone wants to know that, why the manufacturer locked the device bootloader? Here the answer, Because the manufacturer wants an android user will use the only android and don’t edit any system files. The reason behind the locked bootloader is the only security. Yes, you read right.
Once you unlock Poco x3 then the device will no longer secure. Your device will easy to hack. The dirtiest part is it allows you to install unauthorized applications that may harm your device.
We hope you understand why the manufacture by default locked the bootloader. But every manufacturer is not the same. Many devices pre-unlock their bootloader.
Guide To Unlock Poco X3 Bootloader
Poco doesn’t allow you to unlock the bootloader instantly. It takes 30-60 days to unlock. This is the official method to unlock the Xiaomi bootloader. Now unlock poco bootloader by following the step-by-step guide. Let’s start –
Keep it in mind that device data will be wipe once you unlock your device.
- First, take the backup of device data, then go to Settings on your Poco X3. Tap on About Phone and locate the “MIUI version“. Tap on this option 7 times, which will unlock the Developer option and you’ll see a notification saying “You are now a developer!”
- Now press the back button and scroll down to Additional Settings, and then on Developer options.
- Next, enable the OEM unlocking option. You have to confirm by giving your password. This is for security that you really want to on this option.
- There an option shows “Mi Unlock Status” and click on it. It’ll ask for permission. Tap Agree on it.
- While doing this make sure your SIM CARD is inside the device. Then click on “Add account and device” and sign in with your MI account (Make sure you have MI Account) If not then create an account first.
- Now download Mi Unlock Tool and unpack the ZIP file.
- Next in unpacked contents, find and open miflash_unlock.exe. Sign in with your MI account.
- Connect your Poco X3 device with PC/Laptop and restart into fastboot mode. To boot into fastboot mode you have switched off your device and then press the volume down button. Don’t release the key until you’ll see the fastboot screen on poco device.
- Now MI unlock tool will show that your device is connected. ( If your device is not shown connected then do again this process). Now it’ll show a popup or notification that this will reduce your system security.
- Next click on unlock anyway.
- Once you click on unlock anyway. Now the MI unlock tool will trying to unlock the Povo X3 device. If you’ll face any error then try again in 48-72 hours later. But if everything will good then your device bootloader will successfully be unlocked.
- Once the device bootloader will unlock then poco device will show this message as shown below.
- If you want to check the status of the bootloader. Go to Settings>Additional settings>Developer options>Mi unlock status and you’ll see a message i.e the bootloader is unlocked.
Congratulations you successfully unlocked the device bootloader.
Hope you enjoy this article.
This article completely guides you on how you can Unlock Poco X3 Bootloader in just a few minutes. Doesn’t matter you’re pro or not if you’re following this guide. We’re sure 100% that you’ll get success.
We believe in giving the complete information so we’re giving the complete information about the bootloader. Don’t try to skip any step if you want to unlock the device successfully. Hope you enjoyed this article.